Thursday, July 22, 2010

Signage!

Our sign is ready!


Jonah with his extremely handsome work.


Custom, hand-painted and beautiful. This is by far the most exciting thing that's happened at the shop this month.

I've been bad about posting updates, because our lives have been both busy and boring. I'm STILL working on the tiles in the kitchen. Scratching out all the old grout, putting in new grout. I dream (nightmares) about it. But I should be done with that tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Chris has had to repair various walls behind tiles that are just too horrible to save. Some areas have just been damaged and ugly, but others have had serious structural problems. Like being attached to cardboard (reused fruit cartons) instead of drywall. Or being patched with old plastic bags and tinfoil.

On a more pleasant note, he has also built and installed some new wooden molding around the windows and doors, which looks really nice. Although the work has been tedious, the place is really looking a little better every day.

New refrigeration and floors are coming soon!

1 comment: