Last week we also went to the Fancy Food Show, a huge event at the Javits Center. Everyone likes to complain about it, and Chris found it to be a bit too much, but I guess my years of technology and media conferences have trained me well about how to get through a trade show without going postal. Plus, there are free samples of food everywhere - what could be wrong with that? I've never tasted so many different kinds of ham in one day.
We didn't learn about too many new products that we want to carry, but that's OK because we already have more than enough items on our wish list. We did learn about some different distributors we may want to work with, and it was exciting to meet some cheesemakers that we admire: the ladies behind Mrs. Quicke's, The Mozzarella Company, and Cowgirl Creamery. That was really fun, although now Chris is threatening to change his name to Mr. Quicke. (He loves that cheese.) Paula Lambert served us the most perfect samples of Hoja Santa I've ever tasted.
We also got some good advice on blues, as well as a couple beer pairing samples, from Rogue Creamery. And Chris totally bonded with the Acme Smoked Fish guy about northwestern style salmon jerky. The new Tom Cat pretzel bread is really tasty, as is Vermont Butter & Cheese's Cremont. So actually I guess we did add some new products to our wish list.... Can't wait until we can start ordering!
No comments:
Post a Comment