Friday, May 7, 2010

Renovations, Meetings and SHOPPING

Chris is doing some heavy lifting on the walk-in renovations today while I putter around at the home office. We're still getting lots done, but it seems like every time we get something done, 5 new things pop up.

I went crazy with the spackling on the ceiling last week, so we had to hire some guys to come in tomorrow to sand it all down and smooth it out. When Chris and I tried to do out ourselves we were nearly driven to tears.

Right now our most time-sensitive projects are finishing the walk-in renovations so our refrigeration guy can install the new cooling units, and taking down the awning so our sign painter can get a good look at what he has to work with. Then we can start painting and tiling the front room and making it look all pretty.

I went to a meeting of the Greenpoint Business Association the other night. It was kind of annoying, as meetings often are, but I think it's important for me to get involved and make sure the businesses on the outskirts of the neighborhood's main business district are represented, and that we're included in the upcoming marketing activities that are starting to be planned.

I've been trying to hold off on buying stuff until we have a clean space to store it, but it's hard to resist. I bought a bunch of supplies at Ikea and Win Restaurant Depot, and ordered our Eastern District tote bags. I keep adding more cheeses to our order lists when I should be narrowing the lists down!

We've also been checking out our competition around Brooklyn, which means of course we're buying lots of cheese. We came home from such a shopping trip yesterday to find that a cheesemaker had sent us a huge batch of samples. So I'm really enjoying the tasting part of the job right now. I knew I picked this career for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment