Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello

Along with my amazing husband Chris, I'm working on opening up a craft beer/cheese/grocery store in Greenpoint this spring. The purpose of this blog is to keep our friends and family posted on the progress, and I guess also to keep track of where we're at for our own motivational purposes. If strangers for some reason think it's interesting, I reckon they're welcome too. This isn't designed to be a marketing blog - don't worry, that's coming soon enough!

I'm calling the blog The Bethery because that's a silly shop name Chris suggested one night. In reality the shop will probably be called Eastern District. That's an old name for the industrial areas of Greenpoint, Williamsburg and Bushwick (North Brooklyn, in other words.) I don't think the shop is exactly located in that old district but we kinda wanted something local and historical in the name, and it was hard to find other names that weren't already in use or somehow confusing.

Over the past year we've brainstormed a lot of really horrible, mostly cheese-related names with our friends. I have to find the list we came up with one night with our friend Willie - it's amazing. But meanwhile, for your entertainment, here's a list of some of the best ones that come to mind:

Cheese The Boss
Wedge World
Praise Cheeses
Beth and Chris's House of Fermentation
Show Me The Whey

I'm glad we decided to go in a different direction.

2 comments:

  1. What about Bees and Cheer?
    or B&C/C&B (Beth&Chris/Cheese&Beer)?
    CB4 (ChrisBeth, CheeseBlocks, CraftBeer, C'monBuy) ?

    Um... I better stop now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bees and Cheer is kind of genius!!!

    ReplyDelete